While injectables can provide dramatic results, they don’t last forever, since your body will eventually metabolize them. Their longevity partially depends on the consistency and material in the formulas my patients and I choose. A filler like Juvéderm® might last around 10 months, while Radiesse® can last for up to two years. While you may have thoroughly researched the products themselves, you may find yourself wanting more information about what to do after your lip appearance returns to its baseline.
Here is a guide on fillers, how long they last, and what to do once your lip filler results fade.
Lip Filler Options at Eros Beauty and Wellness
At Eros Beauty and Wellness, I offer my patients a wide range of lip fillers to choose from, so we can customize their treatment and results together.
- Juvéderm® Voluma: I use this hyaluronic acid filler to treat severe wrinkles and folds, but it is also fantastic for plumping lips, with results that can last for up to a year.
- Juvéderm® Volbella: Another hyaluronic acid-based filler, Volbella creates a natural-looking lift and can smooth out fine lines around the mouth. This product can also last for up to a year.
- Juvéderm® Ultra: With smaller hyaluronic acid particles, this filler provides a silky finish that can beautifully smooth out lines on the lips and restore a natural volume. Ultra typically lasts around six months.
- Belotero: Also made from hyaluronic acid, Belotero is slightly less viscous than the Juvéderm® family of fillers. It gently fills in fine lines to produce a smooth, natural look that persists for up to six months.
- Restylane®: I specifically use Restylane® products to smooth out lip lines and restore volume. Even when injected in larger amounts, it still feels and looks realistic, with an improvement typically lasting six months to a year.
How to Maintain Your Lip Filler Results
Once you’ve gotten lip fillers and experienced all the possibilities, it may be hard to imagine your appearance without them. Here are a few things you can do once your lip fillers start wearing off.
- Schedule repeat treatments: Coming in for touch-up filler appointments is the most effective way to continue enjoying your filler results. I recommend scheduling maintenance fillers before your results fully fade away. So, if you expect the injections to wear off in about 10 months, you should schedule a repeat treatment about eight to nine months after your first session. Getting a second round of injections before your results have had a chance to wear off will help you continuously look more refreshed and youthful.
- Consider going bigger: When many people first experiment with lip fillers, they only ask for a little, as they’re not sure what to expect and don’t want to look overdone. Once you have a better idea of what fillers can do for you, you might be comfortable asking for a bit more during your next appointment. Your results can still stay natural, but they also may last longer.
- Take good care of your lips: Moisturize with lip balm or overnight lip masks, stay out of the sun, and quit habits like smoking that dry out your lips and cause wrinkles. By adding these steps to your lip care routine, you’re preparing them for your next round of injections. Healthy lips can hold on to lip fillers longer.